Thursday, December 6, 2012

3,2,1...Bungee!

No, I didn't lose a bet. Believe it or not there are still people in this world that love adventure and live on the edge. I'm proud to be one of them. So when my friends asked if I wanted to bungee jump the Nile River, what do you think my response was.
"Dude, I'm in. I'm so in. This is gonna be epic."
150 feet, half a football field of free falling, breath taking awesomeness.
That's our view from the deck.
 I went up to the top and they tied the towel around my feet with a rope.
"Wow," I thought. "Not much to that. Good thing I'm a light weight." All strapped in and ready to go, I waddled over to the stand and put my toes over the edge. I was shocked at how calm I was. No nerves, I wasn't even scared. I was pumped and ready to do this. I looked down at the river that I would soon be splashing into. Looked back at my friend Christian and gave him the thumbs up.

Let's do this baby!

Then, I heard the countdown.
3...
2...
1...
BUNGEE! 
And I'm free, free fallin...
Sometimes, you just gotta jump.

No comments:

Post a Comment