Friday, August 10, 2012

London

I had a 14 hour layover and there just happens to be some sporting event going on in London. Hey, I'm just following God's call. All kidding aside, adventures in London were awesome. I went to Olympic park just to say I've been there, but without a ticket you can't get inside. So I went to Hyde Park where you can watch the events live on huge screens. There were thousands of people hanging out for the day, so I took the chance to make new friends! Big shocker I know. I met some Canadians, Spanish and of course, British people.
Eventually I went to Buckingham Palace and the place was packed. Turns out, I was just in time to take some pictures and be there for the changing of the guard. What good fortune! I made friends with a group from Southern California and we watched the ceremony together. It was at least 30 minutes and very long and drawn out and boring if you ask me, but it's a big deal over there.  There are men on horses and more walking and a marching band of sorts, all wearing those funny hats. The marching band played the theme song from the movie Indiana Jones, which I definitely did not expect. But in my opinion, it's overrated.
I did get a chance to talk to a Muslim and we exchanged information and he is going to follow my journey here in Africa. He was one of the group from SoCal. Nice young guy and we talked a bit about Christianity, so hopefully my updates can introduce him to Jesus.
Prayer needs: 
1. Tomorrow I travel 8 hours to Arua and will be helping lead a training in some capacity for a week. Not sure what my role is yet, but to have the words to say and lead to the cross when the time comes.
2. To continue to adjust to the cultural and find a cultural mentor who I can ask all my questions to.
3. Throughout my whole time here, that God would reveal whatever He has next for me in life wherever around the world that takes me.
That's all for now. Thanks for all the encouragement from the first blog! I hate that is sounds so cliche, but I seriously love ya'll more than you know and cherish you in my prayers.

CT

1 comment:

  1. We're right behind ya man. You're gonna do great stuff. You are an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete